5/12/2007

Therapy Rooms

The clinic is situated in a less than wealthy part of town...Most of the houses have holes but no glass for windows and those that have glass also have bars on the windows. But in all of that, the people are friendly, theres always a soccer game going on in the street in the afternoon and I can usually hear groups of friends (usually girls) inside houses playing games as I walk past on the way to the clinic.

Occupational Therapy room - 4 walls, concrete, few resources (only a pencil case with colouring pencils and scissors and a ruler, an excercise book, some building blocks I found in the attached school, and a mirror).

Physiotherapy Room - Swiss balls, a carpet mat and a mirror.
Speech Language Therapy Room - a few books, a couple of games the SLT supplied/made, and she has decorated her room nicely too.

2 comentarios:

Patti Henk dijo...

Hi! I'm a soon-to-be OT student in New Jersey and I was linked to your site through another OT. I love your blog! I can't wait to read more about cultural differences in OT... this was a great idea.

My blog is
http://thejourneyhasonlybegun.blogspot.com/

Please stop by if you get a chance!

Patti

ElleMae dijo...

Hi Josie - wow, that isn't a lot to work wth...just as well you're an OT! I would love to put the link up for your blog on the CHYPOT SIG...would that be ok with you? Oh, and my little parcel of therapy goodies is almost ready to post - hope you like it! Keep smiling :) Ellen